Tuesday, November 28, 2006

trays, trays and more trays

Tray 12 was so uninteresting I didn't even remember to post about it, poor thing. I got tray 13 yesterday at the ortho appt. and it's just jim dandy already too. He did file down one attachment on the bottom because the trays were cracking there, so that should rectify that problem. I got 6 sets of trays this time rather than 4 (I do 10 day rotations not 14, remember) because of all the upcoming holidays, so that carries me through to the end of January. I'm thinking of digging out tray 1 and doing a comparison photo with tray 18, although since it's all molar movement not sure how interesting that would be. Then again, this whole blog is probably not that spellbinding to anyone either but here I am still writing away, right?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes...I seem to be dealing with a slow internet today (and I have the high speed cable type)! Anyway...I find your blog interesting and especially love the pics. But then I've been through the metal braces starting when I was 39 and got them off at 1 1/2 months shy of 43. You might see more if you put some playdoh in the trays first and check out the actual teeth. I think it would be hard to tell with clear plastic trays, don't you? At any rate, keep up the good work...wish I could do it all again. I'm not happy with the bottom teeth at all and would like to redo them. Maybe one day. I'm watching your progress as I am thinking the Invisaligns would be perfect! By the way. Are you actually getting molar movement? My orthodontist (both that I had, one in WA and one here in IL) told me that in adults it is very nearly impossible to get molars to move. How is that going and working? Love to hear more!

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's spellbinding to me! I have Invisalign and just started my third tray, so having blogs like this one to check in on every few weeks really does help me feel like I am not alone! It's nice to see someone's progress that's a lot further along, too. Thanks for blogging!!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Carmen y Xavier said...

Dawna, mah deah, I admit it's not "spellbinding" to me as I have straight teeth and have never used braces...BUT I still love to read this Blog because your writing is funny and witty. LOL.

It takes a good writer to make a Blog about braces fun. Plus I'm with Sherry, I like the pictures too. LOL.
So write away, you have a sure audience with us! ;-)
Love
Carmen.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back home and finally checking the rest of my bookmarks! Glad to hear that all is going so well for you!!! As a graduate "tinsel teeth" when a teen, I am so envious of your progress and the new technique - and of Carmen's always perfect teeth! You are both lucky, mah dears!!

I, too, enjoy your writing, Dawna!

Hugs - Barbara :D

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

I keep checking in here everyday and see we're still stymied back in November! How goes it in the New Year?

Hugs - Barbara :D

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home