Friday, September 29, 2006

Tray 7

It's so funny, every time I put a new tray in, I think 'well, this time something's wrong, this tray REALLY doesn't fit. Off to the ortho in the morning.' And of course, this morning it fits. As TIGHT as Christina Aguilera's pants, but it's on. Amazingly enough, no teeth have come out along with the trays so far, although I've been pretty sure they might when I take them out the first time after putting them on. I am just amazed at the space I'm getting in my molars already. I'm also pretty impressed at the amount of toiletries I've collected in conjunction with my little orthodontic venture. I was realising last night that the actual fee for the orthodontist and trays might be the least of my expenditures. In the last 60 days since I embarked on this journey, I've collected a pretty impressive amount of dental equipment. Electric toothbrushes (yes, plural), one upstairs and one down, soft toothbrushes for my teeth, hard toothbrushes for my trays, a nail brush also for my trays, dental wax, 3 kinds of floss, sonar cleaning machine, effervescent tabs, mouthwashes, special oxygen treatment toothpaste and rinse to complement the oxygen anti-cavity treatment I got, files, emery boards, and of course nice decorative storage box to keep my past trays in. My purse weighs about triple as much as it used to from the plethora of trial sized mouthwashes, toothpastes, travel toothbrush and container, mouth sprays, listerine strips and tray holder. When I open it up to pay for something, people smile and nod at me with that 'don't upset the OCD girl' look on their faces. Ah well, who needs a new SUV when you can have a year and a half's worth of plastic trays, and a lifetime supply of oral hygiene products??

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, Dawna!!!!!! Sounds like you may need an additional room on your home, too! :D

Glad all is working so well!!!!!!!

Cheers and hugs - Barbara :D

5:02 PM  
Blogger Carmen y Xavier said...

"As TIGHT as Christina Aguilera's pants, but it's on."
LOL, Dawna!

I never thought reading a Blog about braces would be so entertaining! ;-)

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home