Thursday, August 10, 2006

Tray 2 is in!

WOW! They weren't kidding when they said each new tray will be tight! I put it in last night before bed, and I was really a bit afraid to take it out this morning. It was actually just fine, it's very tight but it came out no problem, and I didn't g get the feeling that my teeth were going to fall out as some people have described. My teeth just feel a lot of pressure, but not what I would call pain at all. I've been reading about different tray wearing times - it seems that 14 days is the standard. I am on a 10 day schedule, and I've read one person who claims his ortho lets him do something like 4 days. I plan to ask my ortho exactly what the math behind it all is, I'm really curious and I haven't seen anything concrete online as far as research goes. Of course it would be great to finish up treatment in a miraculous amount of time, but not at the expense of compromising the end result, or your teeth's health. I do want to know what his point of view is, since he has so many treatments behind him, as well as one of the most experienced in Europe, apparently. Anyway, I'm loving the pressure on my teeth, and still a happy Invisalign camper!

3 Comments:

Blogger Carmen y Xavier said...

Sounds like your dentist is great! I'm glad the pressure on your teeth is OK and not too much to bear. :-)

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dawna!

I had the ancient tinsel mouth braces for 2 years an eon or two ago and well remember the pressure feeling as not being bad at all - unless you bit into a hamburger too soon! Yikes!

So glad your experiences continue to be positive. You'll be so glad you did this for yourself!!

(((hugs))) Barbara :D

6:02 AM  
Blogger Autumn Leaves said...

Wow! This sounds like such a fast process. I would imagine the reason that you only wear this type for up to 14 days is because you should probably start having movement immediately. I think the movements are in smaller increments though because of the type of braces. So there can only be so much movement within those trays then you have to be refitted. Of course, I don't know, but it seems logical. I know with the "tinsel teeth" that Barbara speaks of, they often used the same wires each month when I visited, but oftentimes they had to be cut down and re-shaped in order to use. The good thing about it was that I could tell there was alot of movement in that month's time.

I too am glad that this is going so well. I remember after mine were off how much I missed them. Something felt not quite right about my mouth then! LOL

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home