Friday, October 20, 2006

Tray 9, Day 2

No problem at all. No, really, my ortho did not call me up and tell me to say that! This tray is already pretty comfortable. I really think making sure I wear them 12 hours straight the first time I put them in makes a difference, and also making an effort to really minimise how long they're out in the first couple of days. One outside edge of the tray was rubbing on my cheek, but a quick file with the emery board fixed it right away. To answer your questions, Barbara and Sherry, I have 42 top trays and 57 bottoms scheduled, if I remember correctly and no, Kyle doesn't need braces thank god. He has a little space between his front teeth but he doesn't mind it at all, the rest is perfect, and not a cavity ever! Thanks for the encouragement as always :o)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, hooray, that you have found a way to help the initial adjustment periods be more comfortable. You are making wonderful progress. Thank you for sharing about it as you go.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Carmen y Xavier said...

It's such a good idea to sleep during some of the initial adjustment period!
Great progress! :-)

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mum??? Dawna is your mom writing on your blog??? How wonderful! Hi Mum...I'll bet its getting pretty cold up where you are! Down here in the Chicago area, not too bad yet!

So Dawna...you and the trays are becoming one! Yay! I'm sure as you go along, you'll have more pain days, but you are right in that sleeping through the worst part helps. I remember with my full metal jackets that after the first couple of adjustments, they never really hurt me anymore. Once in a blue moon over the three years I wore them. I think they hurt the worst when I was done and they came off for good. Felt like my teeth were sore/bruised and so loose I expected them to fall out any second!

Again...think progress and keep on with what you're doing. You are lovely.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home