Thursday, April 12, 2007

Long time no update

I actually had to take my tray out to see what number I'm on - almost done 26. It's all just going so smoothly, there's not a lot to report. My canines are moving, and it's SO wonderful to finally see my 'fang' going where it should be! I've hated it forever, so this was the main thing I've wanted to see moving. It's funny, when I compare tray 26 to tray 1, I just don't see a huge difference looking at the trays themselves. I even looked at the final trays at the ortho's office, and I was actually kind of disappointed because I didn't see a huge difference. But, looking at my teeth I see such a change - strange, I guess I just can't make the visualisation with the tray. One thing I really wish I had been told before getting the impressions was to get any and all dental work needed done first! I wasn't made aware that I couldn't get anything done during treatment, and my scheduled check up was 2 weeks after starting Invisalign. That's when my regular dentist noted that I have a couple of bottom molars that would soon need minor fillings. Now I have to wait, and I'm really not happy that they could be much worse by the time I'm done. I got that Oxygen drill-less treatment but I really don't think it did much other than cost a lot. Anyway, that's my word to the wise if you haven't started your treatment yet!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

Glad to see an update as I've been popping in regularly to visit.

Cheers for progress, that the fang is moving to it's proper place, and thanks for the heads up about the process and dental work.

Hugs - Barbara :D

3:32 PM  
Blogger Autumn Leaves said...

Hi Dawna...I am also glad to see your update. I guess that is the magic of Invisalign! The movements are done so gradually that it would appear to be hard to see in the trays, I would expect. I haven't seen a photo posted in awhile, my friend. Cannot wait for the canines to be where they should be as I know how those bothered you! If we ever get into a decent financial position, I'm thinking of redoing my bottom teeth also. Good tip on the dental work too. If my teeth keep going with the cavities (and I brush incessantly and well), I suppose due to genes...it may not be worth it. But I'll wait and have it checked when I have the money. Keep up the good work!

7:18 PM  
Anonymous dentist clemson sc said...

Dawna, I'm glad that there's a lot of progress in your teeth alignment.
In most parts of the country and in Clemson, dentists often assess their patients' teeth first before prescribing a specific dental equipment or treatment. For some years now, my brother has been considering braces. His dentist is still in the process of checking his x-rays. He'll probably have his first tray next week.
Thanks for the suggestion about dental works. I'll definitely tell him that so that he would be able to save some money. Thanks!

4:13 AM  
Blogger dolyn_angel said...

hi dawna, i have seen ur photos.. we have the same situation.. i am also wearing braces right now and i have this awkward alignment in my teeth.. in your first picture we really have very much the same teeth problem...and im on my 4th month already..hope our success in our brace therapy is coming sooner ..

11:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great Blog!! That was amazing. Your thought processing is wonderful. The way you tell the thing is awesome. You are really a master.

Dentist in Bradford

10:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi...Your post really got me thinking man..... An intelligent piece, I must say.

Clear braces

7:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really want to get invisible braces. My friend told me of an office that does primarily invisible braces in Calgary. I want to go in and see them and learn more about what they do.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home