Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Going from Invisalign to Sapphire Braces

Today I had my consultation about my progress, and how to proceed. Both orthodontists spent all the time I needed with me, answered all my questions, listened to what I had to say about my situation, what was important to me and what I was and wasn't willing to do. Basically 1) my bite is still not corrected, 2) the three bottom teeth that have the clear braces on them still need to come forward and up, and 3) the three top teeth on my right side still need to come down and one must rotate. For the bottom teeth, invisalign cannot do it. For the top teeth, if I get new impressions, large attachments on my lateral incisor, and wear trays for 6 months, there is about a 50% chance Invisalign can correct successfully. So, we agreed that the best option is to go with Sapphire braces on top as well. He foresees 3-4 months. I'm not thrilled at the idea of walking around like that for 4 months, but I have come too far to not end up with the teeth I wanted. So, on Monday I get hooked up!


Here are some pics of the sapphire braces I have on my bottom teeth now, how my smile looks now, and an angle that shows a bit better how my top teeth are still out of alignment.




12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dawna,

You're so right that it's worth the time it takes to get your smile and (more importantly) you bite correct since you've come this far. You're worth it!

In a few months when this is over, you'll be so glad you stuck with it. Really!

Mighty hugs! Barbara :D

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Invisalign said...

Not everyone is a candidate for Invisalign. It looks like your case was too complicated to finish with Invisalign.

3:47 AM  
Anonymous Jennifer Stinson said...

It really requires some time to achieve the smile that you desire. I agree that you should stick with your braces since there are some cases that invisalign cannot fully correct.

I came across dental website, marketing last year while searching for affordable dental care. Fortunately, the braces that the doctor recommended was able to resolve my alignment problems.

Hope you'd soon have your desired smile. Good luck!

5:02 AM  
Blogger Joel said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Timothy said...

I remember the time when I still had my braces. Like yours, my St. Petersburg dentist also put sapphire braces on me. Now, my teeth look awesome! Since then, I've been bringing my kids to that same dentist. They were saying that he is the best dentist St. Petersburg ever had. He's been friendly with the kids, and he even tells them stories about tooth tales and all that.

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised to hear that invisalign wouldn't work, my dentist in Ealing seemed to think they would solve most problematic teeth .. certainly worked for me anyway.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Orthodontist Northborough MA said...

That was amazing.The way you tell the thing is awesome.It really requires some time to achieve the smile that you desire.
like your case was too complicated to finish with Invisalign.
Orthodontist Northborough MA

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

invisalign is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without traditional braces! It is a series of clear, removable, custom made aligners that do not use metal wires or brackets.

invisalign wexford

3:38 AM  
Blogger GaretT_T said...


I have included the Invisalign estimates for my teeth so anyone who wants to can view the (hopeful) transformation. Hopefully, no problems happen and everything runs smoothly. invisalign arizona

7:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now, every time I want to take a bite or a taste of something the trays must be removed. And it's not an easy process. It takes me a few minutes. Sometimes I have to use a special tool to prod the plastic off my teeth.invisalign arizona

8:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

For your orthodontic-related concerns, please do check Beach Braces, the No. 1 goal is to provide the highest quality orthodontic care in a family-based, high-technology practice. Visit site for more details.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous orthodontist pittsburgh said...

we all want to have a beautiful smile..when we achieve it we will have the smile we've always dreamed of and we would have the confidence to show it off..

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home