Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Endings and beginnings

I was assigned 42 upper trays and 57 lowers. I'm just completing my last upper tray this week. BUT - it did not go as planned. The lower teeth are still not shifting correctly despite now having 3 normal 'traintrack' brackets, and basically the top three right-side front teeth did not move as expected either. So, right now I can't close my jaw correctly at all (meaning my teeth don't fit together right), and I need to go in for new impressions and a refinement. I'm not feeling very confident about it anymore, I have to admit. At my last appointment, I was told that Invisalign has no problem moving molars back, but bringing them forward is problematic. Would have been nice to know this ahead of time, as well as the possible ramifications. At least in the meanwhile I've got the chance to go get dental work done. As I'd said at the beginning of my blog, I was never told that you can't get fillings etc. while using Invisalign. It makes sense but I'm not an orthodontist, so I didn't know. I went for a checkup 2 weeks after starting and found out I had the beginnings of 2 cavities and couldn't do a thing about it. Now I was there today and learned I have 3 full cavities because I had to leave it for so long......So, I'm not feeling very motivated about starting with a whole new set of trays. Not because I mind wearing them, but because I'm not sure I believe they will really ever acheive the teeth positioning I was expecting....Lots to dicuss at my next Ortho appt. - a very good thing is that my orthodontist really listens, and really takes time to talk to me and discuss options. Maybe I'll feel better after talking to him. I am even ready to go to regular braces for a SHORT time if it means the best result - but I will not be happy to end up going that route after already having shouldered the huge costs of Invisalign! Pics to come in the next couple of days.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you tell I'm playing catch-up?!

Oh, I'm so sorry that all is not going as expected and that you have cavities to deal with. While things are out of alignment you can get headaches,too, so be aware of that. Bother and bummer!

Not that it's ideal, but would a few months of train-tracks on the uppers fix things?

More hugs - Barbara

12:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your dental treatment not going so well. Hopefully, it will all be better in the end. Anyhow, I made several appointments with a couple of dentists in Collierville to check if I am a perfect candidate for the Invisalign treatment. I am praying for a positive result. All being well, I should be able to start the treatment the soonest possible time with my ever so friendly dentist. Collierville, I think, has the most friendliest dentists.

Thanks for sharing your story with us!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Ben said...

I hope things get better for you.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home